There is always another way of looking at unemployment. The New York Times has published a comparison of the number of job seekers vs. the number of open jobs. Here
The conference board publishes are more interesting break down of the online help wanted advertising by job category. Here. And the press release is here.
The conference board is a private institution and does not allow the free re-use of it's data. However they do have a very interesting chart that shows only medical practitioners and technicians and computer industry personnel have open jobs to job seekers ratios below 1.0. (More jobs than people).
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Job seekers vs. jobs
- Non Farm Payroll hints at jobless recovery
- What kind of capitalism do we want ??
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- Weekly Jobless Claims Stable for September 12 repo...
- The last US manufacturing job will disappear in 20...
- Recovery Act Job Creation
- The "true" measure of unemployment, U-6, has spike...
- Unemployment gaps: White, Black and Hispanic
- August Unemployment Rate
- Who controls the global economy ??
- The Big Squeeze by Steve Greenhouse
- Weekly unemployment claims drop slightly for 3rd w...
- ▼ September (13)