What is work for ?
Work empowers people and make them feel good about accomplishing something
Let people earn a living.
Pays a decent wage.
Creates or performs something other value
Creates self esteem and self worth.
Provides positive role model for family and children.
Improves personal health
To make a profit
to add value to society
Creates a positive image in the eyes of society
to add value/make a profit to/for employer
to make your boss look good
Social skills, business skills, life skills.
Learn by doing.
Networking and contacts
Meet new people
Pay for healthcare
Pay for housing
Spend money at other businesses.
Multiplier effect of earnings..
Vote more often
Don't take benefits
Commit less crime
Reduce support and benefits from the government including welfare, unemployment, housing
We are building the case for government creating jobs as employer of last resort.
And what should people work on:
infrastructure, environmental project, energy efficiency, research and education.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- JEEP: Jamaican Emergency Employment Program
- BBC's African Dreams
- December Unemployment Review
- What's work for ? Work value beyond a wage.
- US Debt Basics
- Ten states increased minimum wage above $7.25 but ...
- Interesting story links on our sister blog: Black ...
- Clearing my backlog this Holiday: BLS October Unem...
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)