The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development or OECD is the leading source for comparison statistics on the the world's developed economies. It collects information on economic, finance, trade, development, healthcare, agriculture, tax and technology indicators. Key members include US,France, Germany, Japan, UK, Italy, Canada, Mexico and Australia.
When a country joins the OECD, it is considered to have "arrived" in terms of 1st world development. Mexico was admitted in 1994; Korea and Poland were admitted in 1996. BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries have been invited to join.
The organization has a reputation for promoting free market policies.
Headquarters is in Paris, France.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Is healthcare a true market ??
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Developm...
- Presidential News Conference on Healthcare
- Bad for Economy; Good for Economists
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Bureau of Economic Research
- Long term unemployment rate and averages
- Recession has almost wiped out all the job gains o...
- Employment numbers drop again; unemployment up
- Ghana Radio Ads supports Obama's visit
- And the winner is: GHANA !!!
- News Sources
- Social Compact: Inner City Market Development
- Supreme court attacks anti-discrimination practice...
- ▼ July (15)