I just heard about Social Compact, a consulting company, on NPR marketplace. They produce market justification studies for corporate clients. They examine the "hidden" spending power of inner city and minority neighborhoods. The studies are paid for by foundations hoping to lure national chain stores into city neighborhoods. They hope the big chains will provide jobs, lower cost and higher quality goods, and increased local taxes.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Is healthcare a true market ??
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Developm...
- Presidential News Conference on Healthcare
- Bad for Economy; Good for Economists
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- National Bureau of Economic Research
- Long term unemployment rate and averages
- Recession has almost wiped out all the job gains o...
- Employment numbers drop again; unemployment up
- Ghana Radio Ads supports Obama's visit
- And the winner is: GHANA !!!
- News Sources
- Social Compact: Inner City Market Development
- Supreme court attacks anti-discrimination practice...
- ▼ July (15)