Well, suprise, suprise, the jobs report had some slight good news. The general unemployment rate dropped to 10.0 percent. And the number of people unemployed decreased to 15.4 million. Black unemployment also dropped slightly to 15.6%. The biggest news was that non-farm payroll(NFP) dropped only by 11,000. Which is really good news since job loses have averaged 135,000 for the prior three months. NFP decreased by 125,000 in October.
Most economists had predicted a stable or higher unemployment rate. Temporary help hiring increased which is one of the first signs of an employment recovery.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- U-3, U-6 and Black Unemployment
- Nearly Half of Detroits Working Population is Unem...
- Job Summit: Export Roundtable
- The Billion Dollar Round Table
- Suburban Police and Fire Jobs are Subsidized Emplo...
- NPR: Black Men Hit Especially Hard by Unemployment...
- Jobs Summit Review: Opening Remarks
- NYC Resturant Discrimination
- The "D" Word -- Discrimination in Employment
- New York Times Article on Educated Black Male Unem...
- November Jobs Report
- ▼ December (12)