Saturday, December 26, 2009
U-3, U-6 and Black Unemployment
The unemployment rates for standard unemployment(U-3), total unemployment (U-6)and Black unemployment all dropped slightly in November. The moves were a surprise to forecasters. Non farm payroll dropped only (-11,000) which is pretty close to zero. There were jobs losses in manufacturing (-41,000) and job gains in temporary help(+52,000) and health care(+21,000).
Non farm payroll dropped by only (-11,000) which is a negligible amount. However, the cumulative job losses over the recession have totaled more than 7 million.
Note: Starting this month the Evil Black Economist will combine the three charts.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)
- Kaiser Family Foundation
- U-3, U-6 and Black Unemployment
- Nearly Half of Detroits Working Population is Unem...
- Job Summit: Export Roundtable
- The Billion Dollar Round Table
- Suburban Police and Fire Jobs are Subsidized Emplo...
- NPR: Black Men Hit Especially Hard by Unemployment...
- Jobs Summit Review: Opening Remarks
- NYC Resturant Discrimination
- The "D" Word -- Discrimination in Employment
- New York Times Article on Educated Black Male Unem...
- November Jobs Report
- ▼ December (12)