Well, some times you go looking for a good story but you are glad you did not find one. I recently speculated that the huge incarceration rate in the US would affect the Black unemployment rate.
Well it does affect the rate but only in a small way. We can estimate that the rate would be only about 1.5% higher due to the incarceration rate. In other words the rate would move from 15.2% to 16.7% due to people in jail.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- What is the effect of the Black prison rate on the...
- What is a human life worth ?
- US Grows at 2.5% in BEA 3Q GDP Final Release
- Revised 2Q Gross Domestic Product
- Construction companies commit fraud to avoid hirin...
- What is structural unemployment ?
- A bad jobs report for November; unemployment rate ...
- ▼ December (7)