Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Robert Balfanz: Dropout Predictor
I saw a piece on PBS FRONTLINE about the work of Robert Balfanz a researcher at the Center of Social Organization of Schools at Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Balfanz has done a lot of work on predicting when kids will drop out of high school.
Like us here at the Evil Black Economist Blog, he believes middle school is the key place for determining a kid's life trajectory.
Here is a a long term study of Dropout Trends in the Philadelphia School System. You can find more of his work on the web.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- Mollie Orshansky: Ms. Poverty
- Jobs hole forecast
- Jay-Z's money and charitable donations
- Obama Performance Meter Draft
- Don't believe the Hype: Fiscal Downslope not Fisca...
- Hostess Mess: What can we learn ?
- Robert Balfanz: Dropout Predictor
- Is Amazon a worse employer than Wal-Mart ?
- CRS says no link between high income tax cuts and ...
- ▼ November (9)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)