Sunday, July 17, 2016
Retail bank fee update
Since the big four banks make most of their retail income from from fees, we thought we wold look closer at some common fees. (Note: Author uses a credit union and use the on-site CU ATM)
The site MoneyRates.com lists average fees for banks.
Americans pay an average of $159 dollars per year for checking or about $13.29 cents for maintenance fee. Fees have risen about 18% over the past 4 years from $135 per year.
Only 25% of banks offer free checking.
Average overdraft fees were reported at $32.38.
The fee wavier minimum balance amount was report at $6,850 dollars.
Out of network ATM fees jump to $1.73 for out of network ATM access. That's up 12 cents in the last six months.
Non customer ATM fees also increased to $2.87 up 16 cents in the last six months.
- ► 2017 (44)
- True Fact from Donald Trump: 58% of Black Youth(16...
- Obama Administration changes over time rules to he...
- Pfizer tax scam cancelled by Obama administration'...
- CEA: Long-term decline in Male Labor Force Partici...
- Retail bank fee update
- Chase proposes to give employees a raise; pulls cu...
- US Economy created 287,000 NFP jobs in June but un...
- U-6: The real unemployment rate is still around 10...
- Black Economics Curriculum
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)