The white house released the second quarterly report on the economic stimulus bill. The bill, formally known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA), has a large tracking requirement which gives a detailed view of the spending.
The summary press release is here. The report can be read here.
Here are some highlights from the press release:
$263 billion of $787 billion have been spent or deducted from tax receipts. The spending raised GDP by around 2% and increased employment 640,000 jobs. Total mployment was projected to expand by 1.5 to 2 million jobs due to multiplier effects.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- "The Great Doubling:" New Global Labor Market v2
- Where we work: Employment by Race and Gender and G...
- Looking for a Story: Ask "Why?" or "Was it Fair ??...
- Tax policy from Brookings and Urban Institute
- Happiness Poll by Gallup
- US Tries to Steer Textile Purchases to Haiti
- "Lack of Black Doctors Traced to Pre-College Facto...
- Total Black Employment 1972 to 2009
- Black Employment Drops 1.4 Million During Recessio...
- The New Global Labor Market
- Unemployment by Class (Income)
- Black U-6 Near 25%!!!
- Non Farm Payroll drops only 20,000 Jobs
- Black Unemployment Hits Record 16.5%
- Executive Branch Budget Proposal Released
- Phoney debt scams: You can't get much lower than 0...
- Real help for Haiti: Impose Martial Law Now.
- Stimulus update
- Research File Dump
- ▼ February (19)