Every wonder where different people work ?? Or what would make a good career for the long term ?? (yeah, I know, health care!!) But it is interesting to look at the distribution of employment by race and gender.
With these charts we will start to look in detail at employment by industry for different genders and races. The next set of charts will add more employment categories. And then a close look at employment in detail in certain SIC codes. Finally, we want to look at the trends over time.
We will then speculate about why certain trends exist. Lastly, we will look the employment projections and determine what would be a good field for long-term employment.
We will probably not look at education, since educational effects are pretty cut and dried. College educated workers have an unemployment rate one fourth that of high school drop out. Educational will be covered separately.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- "The Great Doubling:" New Global Labor Market v2
- Where we work: Employment by Race and Gender and G...
- Looking for a Story: Ask "Why?" or "Was it Fair ??...
- Tax policy from Brookings and Urban Institute
- Happiness Poll by Gallup
- US Tries to Steer Textile Purchases to Haiti
- "Lack of Black Doctors Traced to Pre-College Facto...
- Total Black Employment 1972 to 2009
- Black Employment Drops 1.4 Million During Recessio...
- The New Global Labor Market
- Unemployment by Class (Income)
- Black U-6 Near 25%!!!
- Non Farm Payroll drops only 20,000 Jobs
- Black Unemployment Hits Record 16.5%
- Executive Branch Budget Proposal Released
- Phoney debt scams: You can't get much lower than 0...
- Real help for Haiti: Impose Martial Law Now.
- Stimulus update
- Research File Dump
- ▼ February (19)