A long term employee of the InterPublic Group (IPG) has filed a racial discrimination suit accusing the firm of denying her promotion because she is Black and a visible minority. Joy C. Noel filed a $50 Million dollar lawsuit alledging discrimition in promotion and then subsequent retailation which is illegal under NY State law. The legal paperwrok was filed on her behalf by the plantiff by Eric Sanders of the Sanders Firm, PC.
You can read the full petition here. And here.
When you read the details in the position, you get a real feel for the day to day stress the plaintiff was under. Really very sad.
Advertising Age (Ad Age) also has an article on the topic. Here.
And finally, according to Ad Age, John Liu, has asked the four top companies to disclose personnel information by race, gender and position. The companies are IPG, Omnicom, Publicis and WPP. The advertising industry has long had a reputation for discriminating against Blacks and Hispanics.
Three reporters: Alexandra Bruell, Kunar Patel and Rupal Parekh at Advertising Age plus the editorial staff, have done a great job convering the topic. Here is one more story. Here.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- InterPublic Group sued for Racial Discrimination
- The Navy is the easiest place to cut
- Bidding for Labor on the Internet
- March Unemployment Report: Only 150,000 new jobs; ...
- Another Blog !!! Evil Black Economist Books and Pa...
- What was the Black Economic Research Center ?
- Apologies for the March Unemployment Report: Phone...
- Companies know my birthday ?
- Stop giving freebies !!! Your opinion is worth mon...
- March unemployment review
- ▼ April (10)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)