Beside being picky and risk adverse, ompanies have poor HR accounting systems. They can tell you what a new hire costs but they cannot tell how much profit a new hire brings. The have no clue as to their HR cost structure other than a top level view. So when they cut 10% they either cut 10% across the board. Or they cut 10% from support and ask everyone to work harder.
A second factor is increased productivity from long hours and more work from existing employees. Many white collar employees routinely work more than 40 hours a week as the norm. Through the fear of layoffs, employers have expanded employee hours while reducing benefits and time off. The recession has reset everyone's job expectations. The sad part is we may be heading back to a 12 hour work day. Unfortunately, this productivity means firms do not have to hire.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- Entrepreneurship shrinking for last 30 years
- $11 Trillion Dollars in off shore accounts
- Corporate Crime Watch
- Another reason companies aren't hiring: Bad intern...
- US manufacturing is performing poorly without Comp...
- The real reasons for slow US job growth
- Skills Gap Smoke Screen: Socialize worker training...
- Non Farm Payroll rose by 80,000. Black rate up to ...
- ADP Payroll Report might be better than BLS
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)