Just a general round-up of recent corporate crime and malfeasance
Libor rate setting scandal
Best coverage is at the Financial Times.
Wells Fargo Mortgage Discrimination
Well Fargo settled a discrimination suit with the department of justice for $175 million. The DOJ charged a pattern or pracitce of discrimination aginst Black and Latino borrowers who were steered to sub-prime mortgages and paid higher fees or rates than whites. Department of Justice Press Release.
HSBC laundering Mexican drug profits. There is a little less coverage of HSBC laundering money for Mexico drug lords and handling transactions for Iran and Syria.
Al-jazeera has the story.
UPS / Fedex price fixing has been alledged by a 3rd party shipping consultant called AFMS. Here is that story.
Glaxo Smith Kline was fined 3.0 Billion dollars for misrepresenting products. This story is from the NY Daily News but come from AP.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- Entrepreneurship shrinking for last 30 years
- $11 Trillion Dollars in off shore accounts
- Corporate Crime Watch
- Another reason companies aren't hiring: Bad intern...
- US manufacturing is performing poorly without Comp...
- The real reasons for slow US job growth
- Skills Gap Smoke Screen: Socialize worker training...
- Non Farm Payroll rose by 80,000. Black rate up to ...
- ADP Payroll Report might be better than BLS
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)