The press and the Obama administration have been talking about a resurgence of US manufacturing. Here is a great piece of research that refutes that premise. It shows the real, poor performance of US manufacturing. The low and negative numbers are hidden by the effect of the computer and electronics industry's high productivity and value add.
Here is the link but you must still press the download button. The Debate over the State of U.S. Manufacturing: How the Computer Industry Affects the Numbers and Perceptions
Basically: manufacturing value added is distorted by consumer electronics; we are net importers of 18 out of 19 categories; and manufacturing employment has fallen dramatically since 2000.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- Entrepreneurship shrinking for last 30 years
- $11 Trillion Dollars in off shore accounts
- Corporate Crime Watch
- Another reason companies aren't hiring: Bad intern...
- US manufacturing is performing poorly without Comp...
- The real reasons for slow US job growth
- Skills Gap Smoke Screen: Socialize worker training...
- Non Farm Payroll rose by 80,000. Black rate up to ...
- ADP Payroll Report might be better than BLS
- ▼ July (9)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)