Fraternity members have their own secret affarmative action program. Bloomberg has the details in a piece called "Secret Handshakes Greet Frat Brothers on Wall Street". The new film "Wolf of Wall Street" publicizes the male dominated culture of the financial industry.
We have long known networks constitute a form of affirmative action for the powerful and their off spring.
What is most disappointing is how privilage networks are described as meritoracies when so many are excluded.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- Tax Scam Charity or Corporate Welfare ??: The Task...
- Goodwill Industries: The only large US charity ded...
- Ver.Di: German Service Workers Union protests Amaz...
- Arthur Brooks in the NYT: Work Makes you Happy
- Bloomberg: Fraternity Affirmative Action or Merito...
- InterActiveCorp (owner of BlackPeopleMeet.com) exe...
- Pavlina Tchemeva - Government fiscal policy must d...
- October Unemployment Wrap-Up: US adds 204K job, La...
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)