We were reading about VER.DI, the German service workers union protest against Amazon not paying the prevailing wage in German warehouses. Amazon calls it's employees logistic workers rather than catalog or internet fulfillment workers and can thus pay a lower wage.
Members of Ver.Di were on hand to picket the Amazon headquarters in December.
Here is the story from Internet Retailer about Amazon's tactic.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- Tax Scam Charity or Corporate Welfare ??: The Task...
- Goodwill Industries: The only large US charity ded...
- Ver.Di: German Service Workers Union protests Amaz...
- Arthur Brooks in the NYT: Work Makes you Happy
- Bloomberg: Fraternity Affirmative Action or Merito...
- InterActiveCorp (owner of BlackPeopleMeet.com) exe...
- Pavlina Tchemeva - Government fiscal policy must d...
- October Unemployment Wrap-Up: US adds 204K job, La...
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)