Two former employees of CNN and TBS, respectively, have filed a class action discrimination lawsuit against TBS, CNN and holding company Time/Warner. In the suit they allege a pattern and practice of racial discrimination in evaluations, compensation and promotion.
They also charge CNN and TBS with having a "glass ceiling," where African Americans were blocked from promotions and a "glass wall," where Blacks were discouraged from working in certain divisions.
BET.com has a story by Paul Meara here.
Dominic Pattern writes on Deadline.com about the suit. Deadline also has the actual court document for the suit that was filled with the norther district of Georgia on their website.
Hollywood Reporter has a story on the suit by Ashley Cullins.
- ► 2017 (44)
- Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics
- Beth Macy covered the loss of Furniture Jobs in Fa...
- Black Lives Matter announces Black Business Direct...
- "China Shock" is one of the best economics papers ...
- Kwanzaa Crawl Brooklyn on December 26th, 2016
- CNN & Time/Warner face discrimination suits
- November Unemployment Report: Unemployment drops t...
- Donald Trump wins the presidency. What's his econo...
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)