Saturday, December 31, 2016
Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics
I was looking for Kwanzaa resources on the web especially relating to economics.
Fifty years ago, Dr. Maulana Karenga created Kwanzaa as a holiday to build African American culture and community. The secular, cultural holiday has seven days. We, of course, are interested in the fourth day known as Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics.
According to Dr. Karenga the purpose if Ujamaa is "To build and maintain our own stores, shops and other businesses and to profit from them together."
However, there are few actual sources on the internet related to Black or Kwanzaa cooperative economics.
The official Kwanzaa guide has the best details of the fourth day of Kwanzaa: Ujamaa from the Official Kwanzaa Website
Ajowa Nzinga Ifateyo offers 21 economic proposals that capture the spirit of Ujamaa on the GEO:Grassroots Economic Organizing website.
One United Bank has a Kwanaa Ujamaa promotion
Here is a general guide to Kwanzaa
Here are some historical resources related to concepts in Kwanzaa.
Ujamaa - Economic brotherhood. A political and economic program of Julius Nyerere
Harambee - Pull together
- Ujamaa - Cooperative Economics
- Beth Macy covered the loss of Furniture Jobs in Fa...
- Black Lives Matter announces Black Business Direct...
- "China Shock" is one of the best economics papers ...
- Kwanzaa Crawl Brooklyn on December 26th, 2016
- CNN & Time/Warner face discrimination suits
- November Unemployment Report: Unemployment drops t...
- Donald Trump wins the presidency. What's his econo...
- ▼ December (8)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)