A summary of President Obama's speech on Jobs and the Economy
President Obama proposed a nearly $447 billion dollar jobs plan split evenly between tax cuts and additional government spending. He challenged the house Republicans to pass the legislation to create jobs. His strongest line was to call congress a circus.
The proposed tax cuts include:
1) incentives for hiring new workers, raising wages or hiring veterans,
2) continued accelerated depreciation for small business investments in 2012,
3) payroll tax cuts for small businesses and employees,
4) infrastructure investments in transportation to increase construction spending,
5) summer jobs programs for low-income youth,
6) and extends unemployment insurance for an additional year
He did not saying anything about home mortgage relief.
The president asked the deficit reduction taskforce to reduce spending by an additional $450 billion to complete pay for the program. The president will release a deficit reduction plan to cover the cost of the jobs bill.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- The root of all evil is: Lack of Demand
- Obama Debt plan in 30 Seconds
- Roland Fryer wins MacArthur Foundation Grant
- Canada quietly moved ahead. Service Canada Portal
- Obama proposes $450 billion stimulus plan to gener...
- Romney's plan is a conservative grab bag
- August job report shows NO new jobs; slow growth c...
- Jobs will return by 2017!
- Where does the US rank among International high sc...
- The Presidents Job's Speech on jobs: What we want ...
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2010 (99)