Saturday, September 3, 2011
Where does the US rank among International high school students ?
The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (the preeminent european development organization) has released it's international student assessment results in education. They looked at reading, math and science. Here. The United States is fairly middle of the pack: Above average in reading, in the middle in math and below average in science.
However, I must say the quality of publication, reseach, writing and statistical analysis is outstanding. If you really want to understand the drivers of student performance you have to read some of this stuff. It also show how difficult it is to make changes in education.
The upshot for the US is they should recruit and encourage better quality personnel to become teachers.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- The root of all evil is: Lack of Demand
- Obama Debt plan in 30 Seconds
- Roland Fryer wins MacArthur Foundation Grant
- Canada quietly moved ahead. Service Canada Portal
- Obama proposes $450 billion stimulus plan to gener...
- Romney's plan is a conservative grab bag
- August job report shows NO new jobs; slow growth c...
- Jobs will return by 2017!
- Where does the US rank among International high sc...
- The Presidents Job's Speech on jobs: What we want ...
- ▼ September (10)
- ► 2010 (99)