Ok, I saw some report of who benefits from Chinese manufacturing. We know it ain't labor. Well it ain't Chinese labor either. The beneficiaries are multi-national corporations.
Here are two research papers on where the value added is captured in the supply chain for apple products. An astounding 60% of the iPhone profits and 30% of iPad profits go to Apple. Potentially 5% of profits and 2% of labor costs go to China. That's about $10 per item for labor cost. The profit margins are insane.
You cannot make this up, you have to read it here. And here is an older paper here. We are talking pharmaceutical profits here !!!
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- Police exam bias in NJ
- Census bureau income and poverty data
- Occupy Wall Street
- We support the NYC "Living Wage" bill and increasi...
- Supercommittee cuts look OK to me; Obama threaten ...
- TE: What if everyone had a job that wanted one ?
- Retail Season Score KPI's
- Favorite Economic Joke of the Week
- My favorite economic joke of the week
- Black Economic Goals
- Black Consumer !!! Please try to take it easy on B...
- The October’s report shows slow employment growth ...
- Apple vs. China value added
- Corporate environmentalism is a hard to take serio...
- ▼ November (14)
- ► 2010 (99)