France has an interesting minimum wage policy which is set by employers, worker institutions and the government. It is indexed to inflation and worker productivity. It is currently about $12 dollars US. The minimum wage is not paid to everyone with students and starting employee making less.
Many credit the high minimum wage to France's lower income inequality compared to the United States.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- An economy based on predatory capitalism rips off ...
- 243,000 new jobs created in January; Black unemplo...
- Jobs hole since beginning of recession
- Black unemployment drops to 13.6%; Thousands drop ...
- Black unemployment rate drops more than 2 points t...
- Military job cuts will have a major impact on the ...
- ECB's focus on price stablity is the wrong issue
- Mortgage settlement is a joke.
- Help ! Looking for conservative solutions to unemp...
- French minimum wage: SMIC
- UK Corporate Profits vs Employee Compensation
- Do not try this at home! UK GDP growth slow to rec...
- Transaction taxes are good
- Jobs as an output. The Arts !!!
- ▼ February (14)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (99)