Thursday, February 10, 2011
Corporate profit near all time high
Corporate profits are near an all time high.
Quarterly corporate profits have reached 1.6401 trillion dollars or 5500 per person in the US. Corporate profits have grown for 7 consecutive quarters since 2008 Q4.
The large amount of corporate profits can make you question the rising inequality in the United States that goes with it.
Also, if you begin to think about investments open to corporations: dividends, capital investment, or job creating hiring. Obviously the return on people is lower than the return on other investments. So the questions is how to alter the equation.
The Evil Black Economist proposes a job subsidy similar to the R&D subsidy that corporations enjoy. Perhaps not a 100% write off but something similar.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- Evil Black Economist Expands
- Morehouse College and Jobs and outsourcing
- Working by the book
- Times must be tough. Begging disguised as tipping....
- Well looking for a job again
- Corporate profit near all time high
- Wanted: Mind Reader, X-ray vision and ability to f...
- January Unemployment drops because people are leav...
- Black - White happiness gap is narrowing
- Harvard Study Says College is not for Everyone
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2010 (99)