I have been busy in the past two weeks looking for a job again. My current consulting contract ends in June. So I a being P-R-O- Active. Luckily the job market in IT consulting is getting a little better. Also, I am pretty flexible and can do a lot of different things in the technical world so I am better off than most. Anyway, It seems like there are two trends going on: one, anyone working is sitting tight. You almost never hear of anyone leaving for a better job. I have to check BLS JOLTS, but turnover must be near zero. And they are doing almost anything to keep there job.
Two, employers are very slow to hire and asking for extra qualifications. They are really asking for the impossible for new positions.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- Evil Black Economist Expands
- Morehouse College and Jobs and outsourcing
- Working by the book
- Times must be tough. Begging disguised as tipping....
- Well looking for a job again
- Corporate profit near all time high
- Wanted: Mind Reader, X-ray vision and ability to f...
- January Unemployment drops because people are leav...
- Black - White happiness gap is narrowing
- Harvard Study Says College is not for Everyone
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2010 (99)