Thursday, February 24, 2011

Well looking for a job again

I have been busy in the past two weeks looking for a job again. My current consulting contract ends in June. So I a being P-R-O- Active. Luckily the job market in IT consulting is getting a little better. Also, I am pretty flexible and can do a lot of different things in the technical world so I am better off than most. Anyway, It seems like there are two trends going on: one, anyone working is sitting tight. You almost never hear of anyone leaving for a better job. I have to check BLS JOLTS, but turnover must be near zero. And they are doing almost anything to keep there job.

Two, employers are very slow to hire and asking for extra qualifications. They are really asking for the impossible for new positions.

No comments:

Blog Archive