The Council on Budget and Policy Priorities has an interesting report on their web site stating that the income gap between the top 1% and the rest of the country tripled over the past 30 years.
Bush tax cuts also accelerated the gap during the 00's.
During the study period income for the top 1% increase by 280% while middle fifth increased by only 25% and the bottom fifth by 16%
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- Credit card rewards cost the poor
- Government Employment has Grown by 39% since 1981
- I started to new area under the Blog called mistak...
- Top Secret America: Another secret jobs program
- What happened to those missing manufacturing jobs
- Where to look for jobs?? Look where H1-B visa hold...
- Private sector job growth lags
- Time for more stimulus money and long term austeri...
- Easy money for Health Insurance Brokers
- Cost of Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
- CBPP: Income gaps between very rich and everyone e...
- Conference Board Employment Index
- June unemployment report is a cause for concern
- NYTimes: Memphis -- Black majority city slides dow...
- ▼ July (14)