Well, I have complained in the past about the large number of police and firemen in our town which basically has no crime or fires. Now comes word from the Washington Post about contractors and companies getting rich from 9-11. Companies have exploited fear of an attack by terrorist to fund a massive increase in Counter Terrorism and Intelligence services. And private companies have grown rich in the process.
Washington Post's Top Secret America
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- Credit card rewards cost the poor
- Government Employment has Grown by 39% since 1981
- I started to new area under the Blog called mistak...
- Top Secret America: Another secret jobs program
- What happened to those missing manufacturing jobs
- Where to look for jobs?? Look where H1-B visa hold...
- Private sector job growth lags
- Time for more stimulus money and long term austeri...
- Easy money for Health Insurance Brokers
- Cost of Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
- CBPP: Income gaps between very rich and everyone e...
- Conference Board Employment Index
- June unemployment report is a cause for concern
- NYTimes: Memphis -- Black majority city slides dow...
- ▼ July (14)