Just a quick, public place to complain about stupid mistakes I made as I write for the Blog.
This time I was trying to compare employment for government: Federal, State and Local. I wanted to check out the size of the government at the different levels.
Conservatives always complain about the government size but they usually mean the federal government, rarely the state and never the local government. But the local government is 4 times as large. Cops, teachers and firemen plus good pensions and benefits.
Anyway, I picked the wrong data set. A set which was NOT seasonally adjusted and here is my chart. See that annoying saw-tooth pattern in data. That is seasonality, which just confuses the whole picture. Oops.
- ► 2017 (44)
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- Credit card rewards cost the poor
- Government Employment has Grown by 39% since 1981
- I started to new area under the Blog called mistak...
- Top Secret America: Another secret jobs program
- What happened to those missing manufacturing jobs
- Where to look for jobs?? Look where H1-B visa hold...
- Private sector job growth lags
- Time for more stimulus money and long term austeri...
- Easy money for Health Insurance Brokers
- Cost of Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
- CBPP: Income gaps between very rich and everyone e...
- Conference Board Employment Index
- June unemployment report is a cause for concern
- NYTimes: Memphis -- Black majority city slides dow...
- ▼ July (14)