All, here is a compelling story on Memphis and it's economic slide from the NY Times.
The story details how hard Memphis has been hit by the recession especially the Black middle class. The article also discusses some of the lending practices by banks that led to the real estate collapse.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- ► 2011 (105)
- Credit card rewards cost the poor
- Government Employment has Grown by 39% since 1981
- I started to new area under the Blog called mistak...
- Top Secret America: Another secret jobs program
- What happened to those missing manufacturing jobs
- Where to look for jobs?? Look where H1-B visa hold...
- Private sector job growth lags
- Time for more stimulus money and long term austeri...
- Easy money for Health Insurance Brokers
- Cost of Iraq and Afghanistan Wars
- CBPP: Income gaps between very rich and everyone e...
- Conference Board Employment Index
- June unemployment report is a cause for concern
- NYTimes: Memphis -- Black majority city slides dow...
- ▼ July (14)