We at the Evil Black Economist are definite pro-teacher. But we aren't stupid either. Most of all we a pro-value added. Meaning a teacher must deliver in value more than they earn in salary. We are also for a individualized, child specific educational system.
Basically, teacher salary, effort and quality are one of the few things that can be changed in the education system in the medium term.
We believe in paying teachers more and asking them to do more. We are fully in favor of testing and rewarding good test scores. But we are also in favor of teachers as social workers, substitutes parent and life guidance counselors. We favor internet monitoring and 24 hour access along with a reduced paperwork burden.
- ► 2016 (62)
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2013 (47)
- ► 2012 (77)
- Black/Hispanic vs. Wealth Gap Takes Huge Jump - 30...
- Everyone should be unemployed for a short-time
- Discrimination against the long term unemployed
- "The White Man's Ice is Cooler ?"
- Our Black Year: One couple buys only from Black Bu...
- Teachers: Pay More, Demand More
- Dropouts: The high cost to society of dropping ou...
- Brazil as a 6.2% unemployment rate
- How to create jobs
- June unemployment report is worse than May. Black ...
- Build national bike lanes for jobs, environment an...
- The real debate in Washington and John Rawls
- Monster Employment Index: MEI
- Debt crisis was caused by tax cuts, two wars and a...
- Visit out Black Economic News Blog. Now Updated D...
- Scholars we follow
- ▼ July (17)
- ► 2010 (99)